Bulk Import change

3346     0

I am fairly new to bulk imports for changes. I am trying to change the DNS name for some hosts and change them to a manual DHCP entry but I am getting an error - Update aborted due to The action is not allowed. A parent was not found

header-hostrecordaddressesfqdn*_new_fqdncommentconfigure_for_dnsdisabledenable_discoveryview
header-hostaddressparent*address*address*configure_for_dhcpmac_addressconfigure_for_dnsmatch_optionview
hostrecord10.10.10.10host1host2New Test Import 52 EntryTRUEFALSETRUECompany-Authoritative-NS
hostaddress host110.10.10.1010.10.10.10TRUE00:00:00:00:00:00TRUEMAC_ADDRESSCompany-Authoritative-NS

Re: Bulk Import change

Adviser
3347     0

Hello,

The issue could be with the fqdn or if you need to specify a DNS view. Hosts must have a zone to be associated with so if the fqdn for the zone is not specified or not available in the default view you could receive an error like this.

I would recommend performing a CSV export of the data set you would like to make changes to so that you have a template to work with that should have all of the appropriate parameters.

Hope that helps!

Steve S.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You