DNS DHCP IPAM

Accepted Solution

CSV export of Network Range

sonnyf
Techie
276     0

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to CSV export 'all' the DHCP network range configuration for all the DHCP networks.  At the moment, all I do is get to the DHCP network and export on the range that applies only to that network.  Is there a way to get a dump of all configured DHCP ranges to CSV?

regards

sonnyf

Re: CSV export of Network Range

Adviser
276     0

Hello,

You can do this using the CSV Job Manager's 'CSV Export' option. 

Job Manager can be accessed from the 'Data Management' tab.

Capture.PNG

More information is available in the Administrator Guide.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

[ Edited ]
Authority
276     0

At the moment this is not possible without writing a Perl API or WAPI script. I get a lot of questions from customers about this missing feature.

Job manager exports in import format only

sonnyf
Techie
276     0

Thanks for the quick responses guys.  Looking at CSV import to manipulate thousands of records as I don't have programming skills and haven't really found a script that would do exactly what I need, that is move a network from one to two members and its range to a failover association.

[ Edited ]
Adviser
276     0

To help avoid any confusion here, I wanted to confirm that the global export feature which was referenced previously and allows for this process to be done without the use of the API was introduced in NIOS version 7.1.0. You will find the following in the 7.1.0 or newer release notes confirming this:

CSV Import Enhancements

This release adds the following enhancements to the CSV import feature:
•New functionality, such as the Global CSV Export option, to support the export of multiple CSV objects and the management of CSV export jobs.

Regards,

Tony

Highlighted

sonnyf
Techie
276     0

Thanks Tony for that important piece of information.  While testing various versions, I found that 6.12.28 supported global export (CSV Job Manager).  However, I am in a predicament as the system I am working on is running 6.10, which does not support global export.  So I am still looking at a solution to apply a change to thousands of networks from using a single DHCP to using failover.  Any suggestions or pointers to ready made scripts to do this tasks would me most welcome.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You