11-27-2017 09:01 PM
Let's take a scenario where the DHCP server, Primary ADNS server for a zone and the secondary ADNS for the same zone are all grid members. Let's also assume that the DHCP server (Grid Member) is the one updating the DNS server (Also a grid member)
Is the flow of DDNS like this?
1. DHCP Member sends the DDNS update to the Grid Master via Secure BloxSync communication
2. Grid Master sends this DDNS update to the Primary ADNS and Secondary ADNS Grid Members via Secure Blox Sycn communication
1. DHCP Member sends the DDNS update to the Primary ADNS for the zone on port 53 UDP
2. The Primary ADNS sends the new DNS records (TXT, PTR and A) to the Grid Master via BloxSycn secure communication.
3. The Grid Master updates the Secondary for the zone with the DNS records using BloxSync secure communication
Solved! Go to Solution.