Highlighted

Deny lease based on mac-address

Guru
11359     1

Hi

I've tried studying the admin-guide without luck. How do you - in the easiest way possible, prevent a certain mac-address from obtaining a lease on your network. -I know it must have to do with "mac-filters" but i cannot figure out how.

Re: Deny lease based on mac-address

[ Edited ]
Expert
11360     1

Hello JVeijing,

I have an article explaning this task:

http://techcenter.agilitynetworks.com.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=518:utilizando...

Was written in Portuguese, but images are in English. Hope it helps.

Paulo

Guru
11360     1

Thank you very much sir !

In case anyone has an equivalent solution in english, i would really like that but this is indeed very helpfull.

Thanks again.

/Jan Vejling

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
11360     1

Adviser
11360     1

this is great content, written by a partner of ours in LATAM.  I'll see if we can repubish this and some of his other works in the community site.

Thanks for the heads up!

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓ or Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

leifeste
Techie
11360     1

thanks so much for posting this.  i knew the general idea, but was getting stuck at a couple of points.  my google-fu is pretty good, but that page wasn't turning up in my searches.

rdaens
Techie
11360     1

@EricS wrote:

this is great content, written by a partner of ours in LATAM.  I'll see if we can repubish this and some of his other works in the community site.

Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Eric,

Has this been republished somewhere else because the link does not work anymore?

Expert
11360     1

Hello, rdaens!

The website and its content has been moved to other platform. You can find the same procedure here: http://www.agilitynetworks.com.br/blogdaagility/utilizando-filtros-de-mac-address-no-dhcp-infoblox/

Regards!

Paulo Costa

cmh2890
Techie
11360     1
Looks like this link is broken again. Is there another source for this article? I think I have the process down (define filter by name and then bind it to the respective DHCP range(s). However I can't recall which DHCP option to use to enter the MAC address that is to be matched as part of the filter. Is it the vendor prefix?

Expert
11360     1

Hello,

You must define the MAC Addresses that will be blocked inside a MAC Address Filter Item.

1: Define a MAC Address Filter by name

2: Create a MAC Address Filter Item (look on the Toolbar) that will be added in the filter created in step 1. You can define the MAC Addresses that will be filtered inside it.

2.1: Specify the MAC Address Filter created at step 1 on the MAC Address Filter Item configuration

3. Update the range with the filter (don't forget to enable it first)

I've attached 2 images from my article that must help.

We are having a problem with our hosting provider and this is causing the website failure... =(

Once our blog is back online again I will be more than happy to inform you.

Regards,

Paulo

Expert
11360     1

Hello,

URL is back online at: http://www.blogagilitynetworks.com.br/blogdaagility/utilizando-filtros-de-mac-address-no-dhcp-infobl...

Please use Google Translate as content is presented in portuguese.

Regards,

Paulo

cmh2890
Techie
11360     1
Awesome! Thanks, this just what I needed to help track down a rogue device!

joe337
Techie
11360     1

Hello Paulo,

How to deny lease based on vendor OUI?

Based on your  write-up, I could block individual mac-address.

Thank you for the article.

Regards

Joe

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You