How to Delete root container or move nested container?

Techie
7092     1

The wrong block size was allocated to the root container. A child container is nested therein. However the 'move network' option is greyed out. Any ideas on how to delete the root container w/o touching the child container? This is urgent, any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: How to Delete root container or move nested container?

7092     1
When you delete a network container that contains other networks and/or containers, a dialog box will appear asking whether you wish to delete the container and everything under the container, or just the container itself, and re-parent the networks below it.  (See attached image.) If you want to get a "comfort factor" around this, create a bogus network container, and some networks and containers  under it, then select the top level container and then delete it. Also, of course, before doing any of this, take a backup, "just in case".  Always a good practice for any major changes.

Techie
7092     1

jsteele - thank you, I will test this ASAP, and will reply / rate appropriately.

Techie
7092     1

jsteele - there must be some custom setting, whereby it did NOT ask me anything other than yes/no to delete action. That said, I did it in list view. Maybe that is why it did not prompt me?

[ Edited ]
7092     1
What version of NIOS are you on? Depending on version, under Grid Properties->Members->Edit Grid Properties, General->Advanced, there is a setting for "Present the option of recursive deletion of networks or zones to".  Long shot, but if that setting's been altered, you wouldn't get the prompt.  (It defaults to All Users.)

Techie
7092     1

Version: 8.1.3-357803 - and yes jsteele that is what it was.

[ Edited ]
7092     1
It was set to "all users" or it needed be changed and "fixing" it was the problem?

[ Edited ]
Techie
7092     1

Fixed by deleting the container in list view. Not sure if the same results could've been achieved using another view. Only a few people have 'super-user', so that was not an option.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You