03-23-2016 09:48 AM
I am testing the below setup in dev environment and encountered error
NT code 0x00000005
Microsoft DNS running on Windows Server 2012 R2
Infoblox NIOS virtual appliance v7.2
03-23-2016 02:28 PM
This is showing red when the user account does not have permissions or when our RPC calls fail to read read DNS server properties on the MS-DNSP interface.
In most cases this is a permissions issue, check if the account has dns admin permissions and can control the dns service
03-23-2016 03:09 PM
The DNS server is not AD integrated hence there is no DNS admin group to grant permission. Instead the account used is granted server local administrator privileges.
Permissions to control the DNS service was already granted and working as I can start/stop the service from Infoblox
03-28-2016 03:17 PM
In that case a support case seems in order, the ..05 error code for this points to a permission issue, but I have not experience with non AD dns servers.
04-18-2017 02:57 AM
I can suggest doing the following:
- Click the Windows Start icon and search for “regedit”. Right-click and select “run as administrator”.
- Expand the tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ policies \ system.
- Create a new key (Right click -> New -> choose “DWORD Value (32bit)”).
- Name the key “LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy” and give it the value of “1”. Click OK.
- Reboot the server to enable the setting to take effect.
After this you cat access to \\winserver\c$, and also \\winserver\IPC$
This will help pass the test of Microsoft Servers in INFOBLOX