Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Removed DNS entries?

Techie
4250     0

Hello,

I have a issues which I cannot get my head around...

We're in the process of migrating from windows DNS / DHCP (woho!) to a Infoblox enviroment.

We did a small POC with a printer-network and it worked just fine.

However, our infoblox is acting as a secondary DNS beside our Primary windows DNS:es.

Now however we can track the logs from windows DNS that our infoblox service-account have deleted the DNS entries of these printers and havn't created new ones; resulting in no DNS for these printers.

Worth noting is that the reverse is still fine, for some reason.

Any ideas where I should start? Im completely clueless here...

Highlighted

Re: Removed DNS entries?

Authority
4251     0

Do you have Microsoft Management license installed on the grid by any chance? If so IS it set to read/write ? see under the grid tab

If you have MS management license installed in read/write mode in Infoblox, then this is expected.

You should have configured it in read only mode with the DC and let the sync happen and confirm everything working fine and the change to read/write. Reverse zone might not be managed by the same server or something

Let me Know.

Thank You

Pratap

Highlighted

Techie
4251     0

Hi, and thanks ofr your response.

Yes, we have that kind of setup, however i can only find read permissions for some reason.

@pkrishnan wrote:

If you have MS management license installed in read/write mode in Infoblox, then this is expected.

Why is this expected? Smiley Happy

Regards,

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Authority
4251     0

MSSync is not a one sided replication and can replicate all zone changes done on Infoblox to your MS side and vice versa. If the setup is not correctly done deletion of records in MS very possible. Cant comment much here without supporting files/logs to what could have caused the deletion, you can open a support ticket to get a RCA

-Pratap

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin