Should VPN IP change?

Authority
1929     0

Hi,

I am new to Infoblox so I am trying to figure out how everything works. I have lab setup on ESX consisting of:

GM HA

GMC HA

GM x 2 (DNS/DHCP/Threat Protection)

Network Discover

Reporting

I have constant issues with grid synchronization - at least I suspect it is the reason why I have Orange Status for my HA GM pair.

Displaying Detailed Status gives such info:

GM-HA-Status-Member-Offline.jpg

I checked all members VPN connection, I can ping current Active GM VPN IP from each member. I can ping Active VPN IP from Passive node and other way aroud.

So why I have error shown above? Why overall Status is HA Member offline for my GM HA?

When issuing show status on Active (currently Node 2) result is:

Grid Status: ID Grid Master
HA Status: Active
Hostname: gm-cluster01-8.test.com

On Passive (curently Node 1)

Grid Status: ID Grid Master
HA Status: Passive
Hostname: gm-cluster01-8.test.com

When Node 1 was Active I did not get this error, but before reconfig I did failover from Node 2 to 1 and as well got the same error (even if before failover from Node 1 to Node 2 everything was OK).

I also noticed that VPN IP for every member except Active GM is changing, can't even find out what is causing that but for example GM HA failover, starting upgrade distribution and so on.

Only VPN IP that seems to be stable is GM Active, even after failover it's moving from previous Active to new Active.

I wonder if this is expected behavior?

If so what else can cause error on GM HA?

Piotr

Re: Should VPN IP change?

Adviser
1929     0

Hi Piotr,

From the screenshot, it looks like data replication between the nodes of the HA pair is broken. Hence it is expected for the HA pair to be able to failover successfully but there may be inconsistency in the data on the nodes.

This issue requires a bit of analysis.

It would be best to open a ticket with support for this.

Regards,

Sandeep

Highlighted

Re: Should VPN IP change?

Authority
1929     0

Hi,

Thanks, will do that as soon as possible.

Piotr

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You