grouping of devices based on Mac-address in Network Insight

Techie
2076     0

Hi, I am new to Network Insight. Once you have discovered your network, does the network Insight automatically group your network devices based on the vendor`s mac address? Like F5, Cisco, Juniper..... 

I am looking for this functionality as it will also help in inventory management. 

Re: grouping of devices based on Mac-address in Network Insight

Techie
2077     0

By default discovery, yes Network Insight identifies devices based on the know list of supported Devices.

Infoblox certifies devices by model and OS ( you can download the supported device list from the support site).

From the discovery process devices are identified by device type and vendor type.

So the Device tells Network Insight directly that it is a F5, you do not need to do the extra work and identify via MAC.

But you can filter the MAC list too and create a filter that says give me a list of MACs that start with aa:bb:cc only.

In the Data Management --> Devices Tabe, you can use the in-screen filters and to sort the Vendor Column and say search for F5, Then you can export that list via CSV.

Also you can use the SMART Folders and create an always-on filter for F5 devices for example.

When every a new F5 is discovered it will automatically show up in the F5 - SMART Folder and visa versa be removed if it goes off the network.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You