Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

Getting Started

CNAME with multiple hostname/A record

25027     0

Hi,

I'm newbie with infoblox softwares and I try to automate my env using infoblox API (Version 2.3).

It's possible to create a cname record with multiples hostname/A record via API? I have access only in the API :/

Something like that:

A Records:

server01.foo.bar -> 192.168.0.10

server02.foo.bar -> 192.168.0.11

server03.foo.bar -> 192.168.0.12

CNAME Records:

servers.foo.bar

|-> server01.foo.bar

|-> server02.foo.bar

|-> server03.foo.bar

An example how I tring to use:

curl -k -u $user:$pass -X POST https://api.foo.bar/wapi/v2.3/record:cname/71c45751c6ecccbc527d55cb06a4430d71c45751c6ecccbc527d55cb06a4430d71c4575:servers.foo.bar/MyRegion -d '{"canonical":["server01.foo.bar","server02.foo.bar","server03.foo.bar"]}'

Re: CNAME with multiple hostname/A record

25027     0
A CNAME has to be unique, by RFC. As such, you can only add a single CNAME to point to a single FQDN (fully qualified domain name).

That said, you could either have “servers.foo.bar” be multiple A records (which is valid), and let those round-robin, or use DTC (DNS Traffic Manager, separate license) to achieve this with some added “smarts”, such as geo balancing, service monitoring, etc. Your sales team can assist you with a demo of DTC, if interested.

Want to about DNS zones & records types in brief

25027     0

Hi All, 

I am new to this community. Not found how to start to post. So just replying on this post.

I want to no anout DNZ zones & Records type. Please provide if any documents where it expalined to easy understand.

Re: Want to about DNS zones & records types in brief

[ Edited ]
Superuser
25027     0

Hello Pradeep,

Welcome to the Infoblox community & we’re sorry for the delayed response. I did not quite understand your question, would you please clarify ?

I want to no anout DNZ zones & Records type

Best regards.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You