Associating config changes with a userid in NetMRI

Authority
5257     0

How do I populate these highlighted fields with actual userids? Currently the devices are being modified via the command line, not NetMRI. I understand you can do this with syslog, but it's not clear how to set up NetMRI as a syslog receiver. 

The screenshot is from Network Analysis -> Changes -> Actions -> View Running Configuration Difference.

Capture.JPG

Re: Associating config changes with a userid in NetMRI

Adviser
5257     0

I don't think you have to do anything special on the NetMRI side. Just point your network devices at it.

Authority
5258     0

I have "logging host" pointing to the NetMRI box, but I still get "N/A" for the value.

Adviser
5258     0
I see. What type of device? There is a set of patterns associated with different vendors, so we have to make sure that this one is there. Take a look at the discussion here:

https://community.infoblox.com/t5/Network-Change-Configuration/Enable-15-user-listed-under-Changes/m...

John

Authority
5258     0

I don't seem to be able to find where the syslogs are formatted on the NetMRI appliance. The xml provided in the other thread only tells me what's there, not how to change it.

Adviser
5258     0
I believe it has to be done via a Device Support Bundle. You should open a support case.

John
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You