Network Change & Configuration Management

Accepted Solution

Best practices for network, network container and network template usage?

ton10291
Techie
3779     0

I'm new to Infoblox and I'm wondering if there's any documentation describing best practices for network, network container and network template usage?

From what I can gather so far it seems that a container is a way to dynamically apply properties and permissions to child networks and a template is a static set of network property settings applied when creating a new network?

Re: Best practices for network, network container and network template usage?

Adviser
3779     0

I'm not sure if there are any best practices in this particular area, but what you've mentioned is correct. For me, it comes down to a balance between ease of managability and efficiency. 

Use network containers to populate properties that you want child networks/containers to inherit. Modify the actual networks that require custom properties that you do not want to inherit.

Creatng network templates are an easy way to cut down the time required to deploy standard networks, as you can not just define the structure of the network (ranges underneath, fixed adresses, etc...) but also attach DHCP options to the network. 

As an example you could create one network template for deploying a VOIP network with custom DHCP options for VOIP phones, and another network template for servers and apps. 

ton10291
Techie
3779     0

OK. Thanks for the reply.

Highlighted

Authority
3779     0

I'd settle for an example...

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You