Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Safe During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

Best way to modify IP address on Infoblox server

[ Edited ]
Techie
7744     0

I will be travelling to one of our offices overseas to do some upgrades and addition. We have an Infoblox server there that is part of a GRID and I need to Re-IP the server. I am in need of procedures on how to Re-IP the Infoblox from one subnet to another (10.192.x.x  to 10.152.x.x).

The Infoblox is part of an HA pair...

Do I need to take it off the GRID first and then add it back to the GRID after modifying the IP address? 

Will I break something just by Re-IPing?

Please advise...

Highlighted

Re: Best way to modify IP address on Infoblox server

Adviser
7745     0

The best way to accompish a re-IP of an Infoblox Grid member is to make the change via the Grid Master GUI. This will make the change in the Grid Master data base as well as on the individual member appliance itself.

After the IP change is sent to the appliance it will restart its network interface and services and will then attempt to reconnect to the Grid with its new IP address. If it is now on the "wrong" subnet it will simply remain offline until the connection is moved. By making the change via the Grid Master UI the Master will already expect to see this member with the new IP when it comes up and all will be good.

Hope that helps!

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products
Highlighted

Re: Best way to modify IP address on Infoblox server

Techie
7745     0

Thanks for your reply SSaloSmiley Happy

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You