Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Network Change & Configuration Management

Highlighted

Importing Custom Field Data for Components

Expert
2373     0

The format of the import file for Components includes a variable called PhysicalIndex. From where do I get this data? I can't seem to locate it anyplace.-------------------------For Components:,,,,The NetworkName field is optional; and is required in multi-network environments.Examples:first_network,192.168.1.2,lo,integer_custom_field,2second_network,192.168.1.3,eth0,string_custom_field,something_coolThe first value in each of these records will be ignored when imported into a single-network NetMRI instance. It is mandatory for multiple-network NetMRI environments.---------------------------Thanks for the help.Lon.

Highlighted

Re: Importing Custom Field

Expert
2374     0
I think that I have figured this out. The PhysicalIndex = Component NameAs a suggestion, perhaps this could be made more clear in the documentation.Thanks!Lon.
Highlighted

Re: Importing Custom Field

Authority
2374     0

Lon,

I'm trying to get the exact same import to work, and while it doesn't kick back an error, NetMRI doesn't seem to update the value.

I've structured the CSV as follows:

10.178.255.151,Switch1 System,Cisco_Service_Level,BLAH

and as you can see from the screenshot, the value of Cisco_Service_Level remains at SNT. Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 2.54.38 PM.png

I'm assuming you were succesful in importing update values for components?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You