NetMRI Policy Compliance - Evalute all the interfaces

4589     0

Hi,

I want to create a policy that will evaluate all my L3 interfaces for a certain set of additional criteria. 

Rule Example:

^interface (\S*Ethernet|Vlan).*
 ip address .*

Set of additional configuration. Like:

no mop enabled

no ip redirects.

The examples within the product are wrong for a variety of reasons, so I need to create a new one.  The Simple Rule, Rule Logic Builder and the CDP do not seem to support this.

Please advise.

Re: NetMRI Policy Compliance - Evalute all the interfaces

Adviser
4589     0

You should use the XML policy rules which will support this in 6.9 and later. There is an example that does something quite like this here:

This looks at all up interfaces with an IP address and verifies they have a description set.

John

4589     0

John,

This is exactly what I needed.  For anyone else that is trying to use this, please keep in mind you need to delete the bottom and top portions of the XML.  Those configure the Rule properties and the filters. I wanted to customize those in the GUI, and I couldn't figure out how to import the complete XML file.

Thanks again!

Susan

Adviser
4590     0

You should be able to import the whole thing if you go to

Config Mgmt > Policy Design Center > Rules

There is an "Import" above the list of rules that will accept the format of this whole file.

John

Adviser
4590     0
You should use the XML policy rules which will support this in 6.9 and later. There is an example that does something quite like this here:

https://github.com/infobloxopen/netmri-toolkit/blob/master/policy/L3-Ifc-Descr.xml

This looks at all up interfaces with an IP address and verifies they have a description set.

John
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You