Accepted Solution

vNIOS Using Interface Other Than LAN1

vw
Techie
5806     0

Hi all,

A client of mine decided to use vNIOS for their production environment for Network Refreshment. But, during the POC phase, I can't seem to find a way to use interface other than LAN1. Does vNIOS only allow LAN1 to be used? If not, how can I activate the other interface?

Thanks in advance

Re: vNIOS Using Interface Other Than LAN1

Expert
5807     0

Hello vw,

Virtual Machines running vNIOS and Physical Appliances running NIOS have the same amount of network interfaces and its usage are the same in both platforms.

Are you facing a configuration issue (ex, configuring the MGMT interface via GUI) or your question relies in the virtual machine's adapter configuration?

The virtual machine is deployed with four vNICs. For example, if you are using VMware, the vNICs (listed inside VM properties [attached image])" will appear as listed below:

Network Adapter 1 = MGMT
Network Adapter 2 = LAN1
Network Adapter 3 = HA
Network Adapter 4 = LAN2

You proper configure each interface in the virtual environment context before configuring them in the GUI. The configuration tasks for vNIOS do not differ from physical appliances.

Please, let me know if this information helps you.
Regards,
Paulo Costa

Expert
5807     0

Edit your grid member then go to the "network" section, Scroll down and you will see a section called "additional ports and addresses". Click on the "+" and you can add LAN2, MGMT and loopback interfaces.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

vw
Techie
5807     0

Hi Paulr,

Thank you for your instruction. Before this, I tried to configure from the CLI using "set interface LAN2" and it said that "Not available for this IB-VM version". Will try you way this time.

@PCosta: Thank you for the information. It's helpful.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You