Highlighted

API Query: SNMP

PSaurabh
Techie
5959     0
I have few questions regarding SNMP 1) Is there any API so that i can register my application (running as snmp receiver) to get traps from Infoblox device. 2) What all SNMP traps can i receive (All i interested in getting traps for incase any DNS record like A,PTR etc was added/modified). However i dont find snmp for that. I get trap may be DNS service goes down. So is it i need to read syslog to get DNS records traps?

SNMP support in APIs

Adviser
5960     0

1) In NIOS 7.1 the Perl API has support for defining trap receivers. The RESTful API can read SNMP settings but cannot update them.

2) To my knowledge there is no support in NIOS 7.1 or previous releases for generating SNMP traps when DNS changes are made. You would have to use the audit log for that: Tell NIOS to send audit log records to the syslog stream, and then send syslog events to an application that can parse the audit log records.

Hi Frank,

PSaurabh
Techie
5960     0
Hi Frank, Thanks again for your support. The problem that we are facing is whenever we (our application) make any changes like CRUD operation we can precisely check for the operation was sucessful or not. However if somebody goes to InfoBlox and makes any changes in DNS record we need to get notified and there are following ways and challenges 1)Getting notified through SNMP. How challenge is infoblox SNMP trap doesnt isn't available for dns record changes 2)Getting notified through Syslog. Challenge too many messages coming to syslog possibly we have filter out and parse only dns changes log.Most liley will go with this solution 3)If our application itself acts as Pseudo DNS or kinda zone receiver so it is notified through IXFR. Challenge DNS team doesn't like the idea. Also need to check other possibilties

Re: SNMP support in APIs

jairojunot
Techie
5960     0

Hello, I'm new here. I would like to know how to get those snmp settings via rest api, could you show us an example of the url, please?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks a lot already.

Re: SNMP support in APIs

JMetzenthin
Techie
5960     0

For the rest api it comes down to what are you hoping to get.

For example to get the read string of an SNMP DeviceID of 1 it's

https://netmri_ip/api/2.9/devices/DeviceCommunity?DeviceID=1

you replace th netmri_ip with your server ip address.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You