Highlighted

DHCP Report: Wired vs Wireless Trend

SDaley
Techie
3336     0

I need a report which compares wired versus wireless lease totals over time.  Does anyone have a report which compares one set of DHCP scopes or networks with another set?

Re: DHCP Report: Wired vs Wireless Trend

Adviser
3337     0

This is an interesting use case. No report currently exists which does this, but all of the necessary components are in the reporting server. To make this happen you'd need to do a few things:

1. Use data from source=ib:discovery:end_host_activity to find IPs with SSIDs and use that with outputlookup to tag wireless IPs
  2. Create a report similar to the existing DHCP Usage Statistics report which can show the breakout of wireless vs, wired.

This would require the Network Insight product integrated with Cisco ISE in order to properly identify wireless IPs.

Moderator Dave_Signori
3337     0

There is a report that displays where end hosts are attached by switch port of wireless access point.  We keep the data for two years.  Yes, Network Insight is required but Cisco ISE is not.  The advantage of having ISE is you would also see the user's name.

@DaveSignori

Adviser
3337     0

Good point Dave, instead of looking for an SSID, you could have a lookup table that identifies if a switch/port is wifi or not. That would remove the need for ISE.

SDaley
Techie
3337     0

Hi.  Thanks.  We are in the process of implementing Net Insight.  Is there a way to compare usage for one set of DHCP ranges versus another?  For example, these are our employee wireless ranges:

10.210.0.0/16

10.212.0.0/16

10.214.0.0/16

10.216.0.0/16

Scott

Adviser
3337     0

Scott,

"Compare usage for one set of DHCP ranges versus another" can be interpreted in many different ways. Did you have something specific in mind? The stock "DHCPv4 Range Utilization Trend" offers a comparitive view of the utilization of DHCP ranges over time.

screencapture-demogm1-infoblox-ui-SPxgkwy61SxiH-giDmcf3A-SPx8a-Sxid3-1490897093325.png

SDaley
Techie
3337     0

Hi.  Yes, this report will provide all the raw data.  I'm looking for a report which can combine a list of subnets to compare to another list of subnets.  I don't want to report on the trending of each individual subnet.  One list will contain all the wireless subnets and the other all the LAN subnets.  I am hoping to demonstrate the adoption of wireless only from our employees by using DHCP data.

Scott

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You