Reporting

Highlighted

How to best practise calculate total PC + Server use Reporting Infoblox

Authority
2407     0

Hi Guys,

Anyone know how to best practise to calculate total PC + Server use Reporting Infoblox ? Currently our project Infoblox in customer in phase migration from AD into Infoblox and then we got estimated total PC+ Server migrated to Infoblox  from our customer as below :

Domain :

supporting.corp.bankabcd.co.id with total PC + Server = 39.000

core-a.corp.bankabcd.co.id  with total PC + Server = 30.000

core-b.corp.bankabcd.co.id with  total PC + Server = 17.000

core-c.corp.bankabcd.co.id with total PC + Server = 44.300

etc

Currently we use methode calculate PC + Server as below :

Export from reporting  Infoblox and also copy manual to excel and we should take time to compare ( hour to hour / day to day ) the total PC+Server. How to best  practise calculate the total PC + Server have been migrate to Infoblox use Reporting  Infoblox ? Just info we use splunk for the software reporting

Thanks in advance,

Re: How to best practise calculate total PC + Server use Reporting Infoblox

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2408     0

Hey there,

I don’t know if I understood your requirement correctly. But if you are trying to pull a stats of unique clients relying on your Infoblox DHCP server(So called the 'servers + pc migrated') & if your Infoblox DHCP server has been configured to send DHCP data to the Infoblox indexer, can you give this a try :

index=ib_dhcp_summary report=si_dhcp_top_os_by_network|bin _time span=1h|dedup MAC_DUID|eval FINGER_PRINT=if(isnull(OS_NUMBER) OR OS_NUMBER==0,FP,SFP)|eval DEVICE_CLASS=if(isnull(DEVICE_CLASS), "Unknown", DEVICE_CLASS)|stats count as FINGER_PRINT by DEVICE_CLASS|rename FINGER_PRINT as "Unique Hosts", DEVICE_CLASS as "Operating System"t=si_dhcp_top_os_by_network

The string pasted above is already a part of the default Home dashboard in Infoblox reporting & analytics app. I just pulled it out in specific & made a slight change. Let me know what additional piece is missing.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Re: How to best practise calculate total PC + Server use Reporting Infoblox

Authority
2408     0

Hi Mohammed Alman,

Thanks for your respond regarding my posting , this issue already solved after we communicate with our Internal team & consultant Infoblox.

Thank You,

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You