Step by step to create a new report

mf266x
Techie
3001     0

Hello folks. I´m new to the forum and I´m trying to utilize a nice report that has been shared by a user of this Community that would cover my needs. The thing is that I don´t have the step by step instructions to take that up to my Reporting Grid and I´m currently lost. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Step by step to create a new report

mf266x
Techie
3001     0

By the way, when I tried to access to the Splunk module from the Browser I get the following error:

"Access to Splunk is allowed only within NIOS GUI Application"

Adviser
3001     0

Hello,

XML dashboard shared on this forum can be used with the following procedure:

Reporting > Dashboard > Create new dashboard > type a temporary name (it shall be overwritten by title embbeded in XML) > Create dashboard > Edit source > paste the XML code downloaded from the forum > Save > Done

Nicolas

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products.

Adviser
3001     0

Hello,

The NIOS GUI does not allow access to the reporting tab (reporting GUI / Splunk) via a separate browser tab. The reporting tab needs to be accessed from inside the NIOS webui.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Highlighted

Authority
3001     0

This works only when you have Admin rights ;-) Still a bug in 8.2.x?

Chris

Adviser
3002     0

Hello Chris,

There must be appropriate permissions given to non-super users by a super-user in case if they need to create custom dashboards. Infoblox engineering recently confirmed that non-super users(even with R/W permissions) would still be unable to edit the sourcecode for a custom dashboard & its working as designed - not a bug. Ability to edit dashboard XML sourcecode requires the user/group to be added to Splunk's list_input configuration file. However, doing so would grant the user super-user capabilities inside Splunk including capabilities to modify certain global settings. Hence list_input is limited to super users only to avoid side effects to other resources.

I’m not sure whether this is what you were talking about or whether you are referring to any other bugs which you’ve discussed with us in the past ?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You