Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

Security

Highlighted

Member type mismatch on the grid master

Adviser
699     0

In our test lab I started 2 IB-550 vNios appliance (a 120G as grid master and a 55Gb a grid member) byt when the member joins the grid I get an error on the console stating "Member type mismatch on the grid master, join failure".

Is there something I missed ?

Highlighted

Re: Member type mismatch on

Employee
Employee
699     0

I did a search through the knowledgebase on this and turned up nothing. I'd suggest opening a support ticket on it. 

Highlighted

Adviser
699     0

Answering myself : when adding a member to the grid, the default type is Infoblox which is different from vNios :-D

So I indeed missed something :-)

Highlighted

Employee
Employee
699     0

Thanks for the update, Axel. Glad you found it.

Highlighted

Techie
699     0

Please explane how to fix it?

Highlighted

Techie
699     0

Hello,

When you add an Infoblox grid member , you see in the Add grid member wizard the field Member type.

When you add a physical Infoblox appliance you have to select Infoblox , if you add a virtual Infoblox grid member you need to select Virtual NIOS.

Highlighted

Techie
699     0

Hello rdaens,

Thanks a lot, you provided the fix to my problem and saved me a lot of time.

Just to clarify what the fix is:

In the GUI, ensure that the Member Type is not Infoblox (for hardware devices) but Virtual NIOS (if using a virtual box, like I am in a lab).

You don't need to delete your entry for the new Grid Member, you can just edit this entry in the GUI.

Afterwards you can return to the CLI of the Member, re-run the set membership command, and it should join successfully after it automatically reboots.

Thanks again for saving me a lot of hassle Smiley Happy

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You