Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

Security

Reservations via API

MFaiz
Techie
5835     0

Hi,

After much messing about I still can't find a mechanism for importing data as a "IPv4 reservation". There's nothing in the API documentation nor does the option appear to exist with the CSV import mechanism via the DIW.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?

Thanks.

Re: Reservations via API

DFunk
Techie
5836     0

By "IPv4 reservation", you mean the ability to get the same IP address assignment via DHCP by using the MAC address - right?

This is supported via the API, but Infoblox calls this a "fixed address".  In the API documentation, look for 'FixedAddr'.

MFaiz
Techie
5836     0

Hi there,

No, it's a different object of type "IPv4 reservation". A Fixed Address has to have an associated MAC address whereas a reservation is more like a placeholder.

If you were to query the object using $ipam_address->types() it would return the value "RESERVATION" (rather than FA or HOST etc.)

Expert
5836     0

Hi Viper,

you can setup an IPv4 reserversation by specifiyng the MAC Address Placeholder "00:00:00:00:00:00".

Hope that helps you in a way.

DFunk
Techie
5836     0

Ah!  Understood.

This is also supported in the API, in the fixed address section.  Take a look at 'match_client()'.

MFaiz
Techie
5836     0
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. It appears the match_client function is what I was after (relevant sections of the API doc below).

match_client( )
Use this method to set or retrieve the match_client value of a DHCP Fixed Address object.
match_client "RESERVED": The fixed IP address is reserved for later use with a MAC address that only has zeros.

$fixed_addr->match_client("RESERVED");

Thanks again.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You