Accepted Solution

Threat Protection rule and RPZ feed prerequisite

Authority
4185     0

Hi Team,

When we have grid with Grid master and Grid member(DNS firewall and Threat Protection license).

Who downloads  Threat Protection Rules and RPZ feed from Internet, Grid Master or Grid Member?

I need this information to open firewall communication to download Threat Protection Rules and RPZ feed.

Thanks,

Sachin

Re: Threat Protection rule and RPZ feed prerequisite

Authority
4185     0

From infoblox-deployment-guide-advanced-dns-protection document, I got the details for Threat protection

Prerequisites for Grid Deployment
● A separate Infoblox Grid Master with Grid license.
● DNS, Threat Protection and Threat Protection Update licenses from Infoblox for the ADP appliance (Customer can use temp licenses for 60 days)
Grid master should be able to access https://ts.infoblox.com (resolve and reach) for the Threat Protection rulesets.

But still I need clarity on RPZ feed download, ActiveTrust feed (UDP and TCP port 53) is downloaded by Grid Master or Grid member(DNS firewall)

The following items are required to use ActiveTrust feeds with DNS Firewall:

 One or more Infoblox appliances, which support the DNS license (installed in either in a single Grid, as standalone servers or a combination thereof).

 The Response Policy Zones license installed on each Infoblox server where DNS Firewall will be enabled.  The DNS service must be started and in normal running condition.

 Access to the ActiveTrust feed (UDP and TCP port 53 between servers where the feed will be transferred from/to).

 Recursion enabled in order for rules to work properly.

Authority
4185     0

Hello Sachin,

The RPZ feeds will be downloaded by the member which has RPZ license installed. If the grid master too has RPZ license installed, it can download the RPZ feeds.  Do let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Manu M

Highlighted

Authority
4185     0

Thank you Manu.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You