Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

InfobloxConnectionError Not Working

Techie
236     0

Operating system is Red Hat Rel 7
python 3.9.15
WAPI v2.12.2

When using the infoblox-client to query an ipv4address object, and there is not a network in IPAM for that address, I am unable to catch the error gracefully, instead the script will bomb out with the error
WARNING:infoblox_client.connector:Failed on object search with url
"Error": "AdmConDataError: None (IBDataError: IB.Data:A network was not found for this address.)", \n "code": "Client.Ibap.Data", \n "text": "A network was not found for this address."\n}'

If I rewrite the code using the requests module, I can catch it gracefully using the requests.exceptions.RequestException exception.

Here is a snipit of code that can not be caught if I pass an IP address that does not belong to an existing network
def search_ipv4addr(connection, search_val: str):
"""Function to get a List of records from IPAM"""
kwargs = {
'max_results': 2000,
}
print(connection)
print(search_val)
try:
result = connection.get_object('ipv4address', { 'ip_address': search_val, '_return_fields': 'discovered_data' } , **kwargs )
except InfobloxConnectionError as con_error:
print(con_error)
exit()
except InfobloxBadWAPICredential as cred_error:
print(cred_error)
print('InfobloxBadWAPICredential')
exit()
except InfobloxTimeoutError as timeout_error:
print(timeout_error)
print('InfobloxTimeoutError')
exit()
else: