- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox
09-01-2016 06:11 AM
Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox? When ever I make a change the grid displays the restart popup however i couldnt find any service restart or might be i missed.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Re: Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox[ Edited ]
09-01-2016 11:36 AM - edited 09-01-2016 11:37 AM
Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox?
Yes. If you add a new external syslog server, or otherwise make a change to the syslog configuration, this will require a service restart. I tested this on my own grid, which is running NIOS 7.3; here is what happens:
- A change is made to the syslog server list. (This is in Grid Properties -> Monitoring if you're editing the grid default syslog server list, or in Grid Member Properties -> Monitoring if you're changing the syslog server list for an individual grid member.)
- This change is reflected in the syslog-ng configuration. (Syslog-NG is the subsystem used by NIOS to send syslog messages.)
- NIOS prompts the user to restart services.
- When the command to restart services is given, the syslog-ng service is first restarted to reflect the updated configuration.
- The DNS and DHCP services are then restarted.
I hope this answers your question.