Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

DNS DHCP IPAM

Static and Dynamic record source question/issue

6471     0

Hi all,

I am trying to prevent certain A and PTR records from dynamically updating if the host gets moved to another VLAN. I originally thought if I just switched the record source from Dynamic to Static that would be enough. However, the records appear to still be updating when a host is moved to another vlan.

So, do I need to check the box under grid properties>updates>Advanced that is labeled "Prevent dynamic updates to RRsets containing static records" to make the changes take effect?

Also, would there be any difference in checking the protected box under each record and then checking the box under grid properties>updates>Advanced labeled "Prevent dynamic updates to RRsets containing protected records" vs static?

thanks

Re: Static and Dynamic record source question/issue

Adviser
6472     0

Good question!  I wondered the same!

According to the admin guide, you can globally set DDNS to not update any records with source of Static or you can specify on each record not to allow that record to be dynamically updated.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You