Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Freeware & Evaluations

Change the appliance TYPE of a virtual appliance

Techie
3949     0

I downloaded the vNIOS version 6.10.14 type IB-VM-820.  However, after successfully building the VM, I performed a vNIOS temporary licensing but the VM activated as a type IB-VM-250.  I am wondering whether this can be changed to IB-VM-820 or whether it is a problem with the files I have downloaded.   I checked the ovf but nothing seems obvious.  Kindly offer solutions/suggestions to this problem.

Re: Change the appliance TYPE of a virtual appliance

3949     0

Hi Sonnyf,

I believe you are experiencing this in your local workstation running VM workstation or similar products. Even I have experienced such behaviors in the past. Let me know if you are experiencing this issue with any supported virtualizing environment, other wise you may ignore it and continue with testing.

Regards,

Syam

Re: Change the appliance TYPE of a virtual appliance

Techie
3949     0

Thanks Syam, however my problem is I need to make sure I am running an IB-820 because I am loading a customers environment with the same appliance that has a database size of more than 70% and if the type is IB-250, the capacity report indicates database to about 270% and the Grid is unuseable.  My current workaround is to use a virtual appliance running 6.12.x but I wanted to replicate the customers environment on 6.10.x. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You