Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Freeware & Evaluations

DNSFW eval using non-VMWare infrastructure

6059     0

I'm deploying the DNSFW to verify I can distribute an RPZ to the device. I do not have access to vCenter or any other VMWare product. Are there other virtualization options (VirtualBox, Xen) for performing the eval?

Thanks!

Re: DNSFW eval using non-VMWare infrastructure

Adviser
6059     0

Hi,

You can use Xen and KVM hypervisors. You may be will need to contact with a sale team which can helps to receive appropriate images.

@oboyle wrote:

I'm deploying the DNSFW to verify I can distribute an RPZ to the device. I do not have access to vCenter or any other VMWare product. Are there other virtualization options (VirtualBox, Xen) for performing the eval?

Thanks!

BR,

Vadim

[ Edited ]
6059     0

We have support for vNIOS 7.2 (the virtualized DDI appliances) for:

• VMware on ESX/ESXi Servers
  • Xen Hypervisor
  • KVM Hypervisor
  • AWS (Amazon Web Services)
  • Microsoft Server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2 Hyper-V (Grid Member only)

The DNS Firewall features are a function of the DNS server of NIOS.  You can work with your local account team to get setup with an evaluation account that will give you access to download the image files and product keys to utilize, as well as assistance setting up the evaulation so you get a good feel for how the DNS Firewall can help in your enviorement.

As noted below, Hyper-V is only supported for Grid Members.  It's likely for an evaluation you would sinply have a single grid master running DNS.  It's not really a useful option.  I'm leaving it listed for completness sake so if you come across it in other documentation it will make sense.

Adviser
6060     0

• Note that vNIOS for Hyper-V is not recommended as a Grid Master or Grid Master Candidate.

BR,

Vadim

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You