Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Freeware & Evaluations

IPAM requires a DHCP Server

Not applicable
5042     0

I was annoyed to learn that IPAM Express requires a DHCP Server.I do not use DHCP (by choice).If I used a DHCP Server I wouldn't be maintaining an Excel spreadsheet.Aaaaand isn't this the EXACT marketing pitch that Infoblox uses to get you to try out IPAM? I don't get it.

Re: IPAM requires a DHCP

Employee
Employee
5042     0

Hi Ecmor:

We  realize that IPAM Express does not currently support non-DHCP environments, and we're sorry that the product didn't meet your expectations. We will happily send the request for this feature to our product management team for consideration.

Thank you so much for trying out the product and providing your valuable feedback.  We hope to continue to improve the product over time and your input is appreciated.

Best,

Chuq Von Rospach
Infoblox Community Manager

Not applicable
5042     0

Couldn't agree more Ecmor ! 

We run a Linux based DHCP server and we decided to create a reservation for the DHCP IP which has been assigned to IPAM. In this way, we can at least ensure that, IP remains with the IPAM. 

@ Chuq, It would reaqlly helpful, if IPAM provides a facility to assign a Static IP to itself.

Employee
Employee
5042     0

Santosh, thanks. I'm making sure I update product management when I get feedback on this feature request. 

Need to configure a DHCP reservation...

Not applicable
5043     0
Trying to get a DHCP address, and my DHCP server requires a reservation. Could someone please let me know the MAC address of the IPAM Express VM? Thanks.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You