Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Freeware & Evaluations

kvm download links

6820     0

Hi,

On the evaluation download page, there are no links for the NIOS KVM images? there is a column for KVM but its empty..

Best regards,

Rien

Re: kvm download links

Adviser
6820     0

@rprofijt wrote:

On the evaluation download page, there are no links for the NIOS KVM images? there is a column for KVM but its empty.

I just tested this and I see what you mean: When I submit an evaluation request at https://www.infoblox.com/infoblox-download-center/, receive the resulting email, and go to the "Product Evaluation Portal" page to download the software, the page lists OVAs for the TE-V820 virtual appliance for VMware, XenServer, and Hyper-V, but not for KVM.

This is just a guess, but here is what I think is going on: The TE-V820 OVAs listed on the Product Evaluation Portal page are all for the 160GB version of the virtual appliance, the version that can be used as a Grid Master. However if I look at the "Downloads" page on the Infoblox support site (support.infoblox.com), the only TE-V820 virtual appliance listed for KVM is the 55GB version, which can be deployed as a grid member but not as a Grid Master. I presume we don't offer that on the Product Evaluation Portal because it's not equivalent to the versions for VMware, etc.

(I'll also note that although there's an empty KVM column on the Product Evaluation Portal page, the text at the top of the page says "The DDI evaluation begins with a virtual appliance that can be installed on VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer." It does not mention KVM.)

Are you a current Infoblox customer with an account on support.infoblox.com? If so, one workaround is to go to the Downloads page on that site and download another KVM-compatible virtual appliance, for example, the TE-V1420. There's also a "vNIOS for KVM Installation Guide" available on the "Tech Docs" page.

Frank

Re: kvm download links

6820     0

Yes, I was able to download it as a customer. Thanks for the quick reply! 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You