Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

How to mass inherit EA?

[ Edited ]
Techie
5123     0

I have EA set on the network but inside the network container, the EAs aren't inherited. 

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

I know how to change them one by one per network. However, I need to inherit the EAs from hundreds of network to the decendants. Is there a way I can do inheritance for all the network at once?

Re: How to mass inherit EA?

Techie
5124     0

You can configure general inheritance for each individual EA.

In Administration > Extensible Attributes edit the properties of any given EA and enable the ckeckbox "Enable Inheritance" under "Additional Properties"

In the Grid Properties editor you'll also have a dedicated section "Extensible Attribute Inheritance" to configure the exact bahaviour when adding/deleting EAs that have inheritance enabled.

[ Edited ]
Techie
5124     0

I know but this does not affect existing setup. I am looking for a solution which can be applied to multiple network at once.

Techie
5124     0

In that case you'll probably have to either do a CSV export/import to change the config value of network containers, or use the API to do the same.

Techie
5124     0

Do you know the config value to use for CSV export/import? Existing is OVERRIDE. I changed it to INHERIT but it returns error.

Techie
5124     0

No, I don't. But you could check the value of a conatiner that is already confgured correctly and just cut+paste that config to all other containers.

You can also check the CSV Import Reference for more details:

https://docs.infoblox.com/display/nios84/CSV+Import+Reference

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

This widget could not be displayed.

NIOS 8.6.3 – What’s New in DDI

" class="expert-of-month-image"/>