Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Upgrade path from 8.6.1 to 9.0.1?

557     0

I'm having a terrible time finding upgrade path info for moving from 8.6 to 9.0. I've got a grid in HA running 8.6.1 and would like to figure out what it looks like moving to 9.0.1 before the EOL at the end of October. I've searched through the 9.0.1 documentation and haven't found an upgrade path (like you can with previous versions of NIOS).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Upgrade path from 8.6.1 to 9.0.1?

557     0

update: found the info in the release notes for 9.0.1

Just in case anyone else finds this, here's what the documentation says today (9/18/23):

"Infoblox supports the following upgrade paths:

● 9.0.0
● 8.6.3 and earlier 8.6.x releases
● 8.5.5 and earlier 8.5.x releases
● 8.4.8 and earlier 8.4.x releases

Even though Infoblox supports the upgrade paths mentioned above, Infoblox has tested and validated
only the following upgrade paths for NIOS 9.0.1. Infoblox recommends that you upgrade to NIOS 9.0.1 from these tested and validated releases:

9.0.0, 8.6.3, 8.5.5, and 8.4.8"

557     0

I got 8.6.4.  would it be able to upgrade to 9.0.x?

557     0
Good question! I would highly suggest talking with the account team you work with for this. The sales engineer usually helps with this kind of question. If the team is new, they can ask for help from more senior folks as well.

The latest version of 9.0.x is 9.0.3 at the moment, so it might be worth considering that version and any hotfixes as well.

I hope this helps!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You