Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

VMware vDiscovery Job crashes NIOS

Techie
3013     0

I have an appliance running NIOS 8.5.2-409296. I configured a VMware vDiscovery job for one vCenter, using HTTPS. When I start the job the NIOS GUI becomes unresponsive and I get this message in red on the job manager screen:

The system is taking longer than expected to complete your request. Blah blah....

If I then refresh the NIOS web page in my browser, it will eventually time out with a 'proxy error'. 

Has anyone seen this? The resolution to the problem is SSH into the appliance and shutdown/reboot. This is 100% repeatable. 

Re: VMware vDiscovery Job crashes NIOS

Superuser
3014     0

Hello @Hippo9859,

You may be able to find some additional details on the eror in syslog for the Grid member running this vDiscovery job. Anything of interest there?

Jason

Techie
3014     0

Unfortunately the syslog has nothing in regard to the vDiscovery task. If it helps at all, the web UI locks instantly after I 'start' my vDiscovery job. 

3014     0

Hi @Hippo9859

What model of appliance are you using to run a vDiscovery job, Do you have multiple jobs running at the same time ?
Can you reproduce or share the recording with us ?

-Kapil

[ Edited ]
Techie
3014     0

Thanks for the reply. I have a (aged) TE-820. I just have one discovery job running/configured. As soon as I kick off this one job the web UI goes unresponsive and a few minutes later I get the proxy error in my browser. I have to SSH into the 820 to reboot it, after which everything is OK. 

It is 100% reproducable. vdiscovery.jpgproxy-error.jpg

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin