Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Limit on Number of Records in WAPI PUT Operations

[ Edited ]
1127     0

Hey y'all,

I'm trying to allow for the management of our DDNS ACE list using the Web API, but I'm running into 500 responses from Infoblox whien PUT-ing a list of more than 855 objects. I don't think I'm hitting an object limit in the database itself because I can continue to add entries through the UI. Is there a hard limit on the number of records that can be added with a PUT operation? Is there a way I can find more detail on the 500 errors I'm seeing?

Since there's no PATCH operation allowed with WAPI I have to GET then PUT the whole ACE list, which I understand is a very expensive operation. However, since Infoblox doesn't follow any kind of API-forward philosophy I'm at a loss as to if there's a better way to handle this problem.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I know our list is gigantic and largely unmanageable, I want to clean it up, but that's out of my sphere of influence at the moment. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You