Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Permissions for Discovery Diagnostic (network insight)

Techie
3035     0

Hi @all,

we are running Infoblox IPAM with Network Insight (NIOS 8.3.6). We have a couple of roles with dedicated permissions for the tasks the admins has to do. Now I want to allow my IPAM admins to do a "Discovery diagnostic" for the switches but I do not know which permissions they need for this task.  I tried a lot of permission but was not able to find the correct one. At the moment the role has the following permissions.

permissions_2.jpg

Unfortunately that is not enough because the tasks are greyed out:

tasks.jpg

Which permissions do I have to add to the role to enable the discovery tools for our IPAM admins?

Thanks in advance

Volker

VJ

Re: Permissions for Discovery Diagnostic (network insight)

Techie
3036     0

Hi Volker,

Based on NIOS Admin Guide, Discovery Diagnostics can only be launched by Superusers. Please find the relevant portion from the Admin Guide below: 

Superusers can initiate and control discovery on all networks. Some discovery functions require superuser permissions

• Grid Discovery properties
  • Uploading, Viewing and deletion of device support bundles
  • Launching Discovery Diagnostics
  • Launching Discovery Status

Reference: https://docs.infoblox.com/display/NAG8/Administrative+Permissions+for+Discovery

Regards,

Vishnu Nair

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin