12-15-2020 07:26 AM
My goal is condense VLAN IDs in a portion of my network from many to 1, I expect the way to at least identify the cisco switch ports in VLAN 230-240 for example would be a config search in a predefined device group in NETMRI. I am not sure of the syntax that would get me the data that would include the interface statement. In my limited knowledge of grep, I could possibly grep for the access vlan 2xx statement and expand my window by 2 to get the interface. If I get at least that I could extract and do a search and replace with my new vlan. Anybody who can help me with the best way to get this accomplished all in infoblox NETMRI since I have a significant amout of switches that need the update. If you have a better way to accomplish my task and create the change file all in infoblox I would appreciate the assist.
06-10-2021 05:13 PM
Hi buddy, hope this helps:
1. Create the VLANs.
2. (Optional) Set the desired VLAN-related configuration for ports.
3. Assign interfaces to VLANs.
4. (Optional) Configure VLAN groups on your switch. You can configure any of the following:
- MAC-based VLAN Group Overview
- Subnet-based VLAN Groups Overview
- Protocol-based VLAN Groups Overview
5. (Optional) Configure TV VLAN settings on your switch. You can configure any of the following:
- Access Port Multicast TV VLAN
- Customer Port Multicast TV VLAN