Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API Examples

netmri rest for interface performance

11582     0

Hi all,

Did anyone tried to find interface with busy end point connected via netmri ? I was thinking of using api/3/if_perfs/index?limit=2&sort=ifOutUcastPkts&dir=desc but ptoblem is that I only get device ID as InterfaceID is always 0. I also tried using IfPerfID in

api/3/if_perfs/interface?IfPerfID=54565340

but I always get:

<response><interface nil="true"/></response>

Is there something that I am doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Re: netmri rest for interface performance

Adviser
11582     0
Nothing, this looks like a bug. You can work around it, though. Even though InterfaceID is not set, both DeviceID and ifIndex are set, and that is enough to lookup the Interface object. So, take those two values from the first query you have, and use them to call the /api/3/interfaces?DeviceID=xxx&ifIndex=yyy

John

11582     0

Hi John,

ifindex does not look to help. I mean it is same on more results on same device id.

<if_perfs type="array"><if_perf><DataSourceID type="int">0</DataSourceID><DeviceID type="int">2675</DeviceID>

<ifIndex type="int">10</ifIndex>

<_class>IfPerf</_class></if_perf><if_perf><DataSourceID type="int">0</DataSourceID><DeviceID type="int">2675</DeviceID>

<ifIndex type="int">10</ifIndex>

It just looks like interface type not port/slot..

Igor

Adviser
11582     0

ifIndex comes from SNMP - you don't see it in the CLI.

ifPerf is raw interface performance data - there will be MANY entries for a given interface. You need to look at the start and end time fields.

If you are looking for summary information, try ifPerfHourly or ifPerfDaily.

John

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You