Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API Examples

Trouble getting any WAPI example script to run from Node/JavaScript with axios

670     0

OK. I’m pretty puzzled by node/JavaScript behavior while writing test scripts for WAPI Infoblox access. So I got several queries working using Postman which always seems to be a good place to start. The following is the Node and Axios example I exported from Postman. I have added the dependency Axios module.

import axios from 'axios';

var data = JSON.stringify({

"name": “mytest-shared”,

"network_view": “default,

"networks": [

{

"_ref": "network/ZG5zLm5…iRtDrGt:10.0.2.128/27/default”

},

{

"_ref": "network/iRtDrGt…iRtDrGt:10.0.2.160/27/default”

}

]

});

var config = {

method: 'post',

maxBodyLength: Infinity,

url: 'https://gridm.privatecompany.com/wapi/v2.11/sharednetwork',

headers: {

'Authorization': 'Basic randomjunk0OQ==',

'Content-Type': 'application/json'

},

data : data

};

axios(config)

.then(function (response) {

console.log(JSON.stringify(response.data));

})

.catch(function (error) {

console.log(error);

});

I was getting the error ”self signed cert in chain”. So I set my host name to an absolutely confirmed GM with hostname with a good certificate. It produces no errors in Chrome or Edge when I go to https://gridm.privatecompany.com/ui/ and view the certificate from the lock icon in the browser.

(venv-python) userid@macbook nodejs %                

Proxy-related environment variables set.

Proxy successfully connected.

(proxy on)                            

(venv-python) userid@macbook nodejs % node POST-create-sharednetwork.js

AxiosError: self-signed certificate in certificate chain

at AxiosError.from (/Users/vaeq6f/Documents/repos/infoblox-wapi/nodejs/node_modules/axios/dist/node/axios.cjs:825:14)

... blah blah

But still as you can see I am receiving the warning about "self-signed certificate blah blah blah”. I’m pretty puzzled as to why this would still be being produced. I also have tried it with disabling our company proxy settings. Should I add the proxy settings in the axios config?

Running out of ideas since this seems to be straightforward. It works so easily from Postman, Python or curl.

Re: Trouble getting any WAPI example script to run from Node/JavaScript with axios

671     0

Here's best work around. Do this environment variable in your shell in order to get Node JavaScript to ignore SSL cert issues.

export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You