Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API Examples

WAPI Conundrum - Multiple EAs and Inheritance

2720     0

Greetings Community -

I've been working on my own WAPI script in Bash, and I've been successful in updating multiple seperate EA's in one request with my own values. However, when I want the values to be inherited from the network above it I am at a loss.

#!/bin/bash
curl -k1 -u "userID":"password" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST https://192.168.1.3/wapi/v2.9.1/record:host -d '{''"ipv4addrs"':[{'"use_for_ea_inheritance"': true,'"ipv4addr"':'"func:nextavailableip"':'"192.168.200.0/24"','"configure_for_dhcp"':false}],
'"Application"':{'"value"':'"Test"'},
'"inheritance_source"':'"network/ZG5zLm5ldHdvcmskMTkyLjE2OC4yMDAuMC8yNC8w:192.168.200.0/24/default"',
'"inheritance_operation"':"INHERIT",
'"Contact"':{"value":"Test@test.com"},
'"inheritance_source"':'"network/ZG5zLm5ldHdvcmskMTkyLjE2OC4yMDAuMC8yNC8w:192.168.200.0/24/default"',
'"inheritance_operation"':'"INHERIT"',
'"Device Type"':{'"value"':'"Virtual"'},
'"Environment"':{'"value"':'"Production"'},
'"Location"':{'"value"':'"CDC"'},
'"Owner"':{'"value"':'"test@test.com"'},
'"Ticket"':{'"value":"1234"'},
'"name"':'"illithid.domain.com"',
'"configure_for_dns"':true'}'

Whenever I add these inheritance options I start running into errors with the JSON; anyone got any reccomendations to make this smoother?

I've considered a workaround where I utilize the CSV import function to force inheritance after the fact, or use the CSV import for the entirety by building a CSV file for each set of changes and pushing it to the WAPI to run. That feels a bit like surrender though; I'd really rather figure this out.

Thanks,

Nick

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin