Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Get next available network without creating the network

316     0

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out how to get the next available subnet within a container without creating the subnet. In the documentation, the only 2 examples both create a subnet within the container. I have that code working as follows:

test_url = f"{infoblox_url}/wapi/v{wapi_ver}/network?_return_fields%2B=network,members&_return_as_object=1"

json_data = {
'network': f'func:nextavailablenetwork:{Net_Container},default,{CIDR}',
'network_view': 'default'
}

next_net_json = json.dumps(json_data)

try:
response = s.post(test_url, data=next_net_json, verify=False, timeout=5.0)

I've tried this as a GET instead of POST which doesn't work, and I've tried both next_available_network as well as the listed nextavailablenetwork. Not sure what the difference is, but only nextavailablenetwork returns a valid response, but creates the subnet. Also note {Net_Container} comes in the format "10.0.0.0/16" and {CIDR} would come as "27".

Thank you.

Re: Get next available network without creating the network

317     0

You want to get next available subnet without creating it. It's not a good option for it. 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin