Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

API & Integration, DevOps,NetOps,SecOps

Standard REST examples to retrieve networks that contain specific Extensible Attribute information.

1968     0

I am a extreme novice when it comes to scripting. I was asked to investigate this. I need to know the REST calls that would be needed to search for a certain extensible attribute and return all associated data.

Here is an example question posed to me by one of our network Architects:

For instance if I have a request for say NPT rack 1311, and I am trying to obtain the subnet and VLAN ID, here is what the attributes would be under the network:

10.88.10.0/24

City: Freeport

LocationName: NPDC

NetworkRegion1: Data Center

NetworkRegion2: Management 

NetworkRegion3: 

VlanTag: 310

ContactGroup: Unix Support

ContactNumber: 412-555-1234

ConactEmail: unix_support@somewhere.com

L3GwRouters: nptpe03,nptpe04

Switches: nptsx301, nptsx302, nptsx304, nptsx205, nptsx401

Redundancy: N+1

Transport: DarkFiber

Carrier: null

10.88.11.0/24

City: Freeport

LocationName: NPDC

NetworkRegion2: Management 

NetworkRegion3: 

VlanTag: 311

ContactGroup: Unix Support

ContactNumber: 412-555-5555

ConactEmail: unix_support@somewhere.com

L3GwRouters: nptpe03,nptpe04

Switches: nptsx301, nptsx302, nptsx304, nptsx205,  nptsx102, nptsx1023, nptsx455

Redundancy: N+1

Transport: DarkFiber

Carrier: null

So if a REST call occurred with:

NetworkRegion1: Management

I would expect to get back those 2 networks with the other associated extensible attributes.

What I need from Infoblox support are what REST calls are to make such a query to their API.

Re: Standard REST examples to retrieve networks that contain specific Extensible Attribute informati

Adviser
1969     0

Hi,

Extensible attributes require a special search syntax. Searches for extensible attributes are sent by prefixing the extensible attribute name with an asterisk (*).

You can search for networks based on Extensible Attributes like below:

curl -k -u admin:infoblox -X GET "https://grid-master/wapi/v2.11/network?_return_fields%2B=extattrs&*Location%3A=NPDC&*NetworkRegion1%3A=Data%20Center&*NetworkRegion2%3A=Management&_return_as_object=1"

The %3A is URL encoding for ":" which makes the search case insensitive and %20 is URL encoding for a space.

Hope this is helpful,

Thanks and regards,

Krishna

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You