Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Automation Scripts

Export NetMRI compliance policies and associated rules with REST API

956     0

The title says what I want to do. I've been browsing the NetMRI API documentation and I found a method for importing a compliance policy into a NetMRI system. It's part of the Policy model and is called 'import_file' surprisingly enough. However, I can't find any method that will export a policy such that I can use its output to feed to the 'import_file' method.

Does such a method really not exist in the API or have I just missed it? I hope I just missed it.

Re: Export NetMRI compliance policies and associated rules with REST API

956     0

Well, I found an undocumented method called 'export_file' that is part of the Policy model. It spits out exactly the same text you get when you export a policy using the GUI. Now I'm trying to convince the 'import_file' method to use it's output to import the policy into a second NetMRI system.

Right now, using the 'import_file' method give me this error.

Policy file does not contain valid data: undefined method
'rewind' for #<String:0x0000000d03bb20>

Has anyone successfully used the 'import_file' method to import a policy into a NetMRI system?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You