Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Community Suggestions

Why require registration for read access?

Techie
1246     0

More a question, although I would suggest changing this.

Why require a subscription to read community information. Im on several websites like this and all allow full read access (sure perhaps not on some user groups or beta sections). Here you get one topic to read and then you gotta login.

Re: Why require registration for read access?

[ Edited ]
Adviser
1246     0

The required registration after reading a post was implemented several years ago as part of an overall plan to do things that would encourage increasing customer engagement. The logic was that if a member is logged in they would be more likely to post and reply to posts.  I will escalate your post to the community team to consider increasing the number of posts that can be read before requiring registration or to eliminate the requirement completely.  

Re: Why require registration for read access?

Techie
1246     0

Did you get any reply on that @samanna?

Another vendor community site made a change recently where they give a pop up giving a choice between join / login or continue as guest. Not a fan of that, but at least I can browse the information and still get gently pushed to registering.

For other people if you agree this should change here, please reply to make that known.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You