Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Delete host records for non-authoritative zone

1472     1

Hi,

I have a number of host records that are not enabled in DNS, but the names are part of a delegated zone.  When I try to delete via CSV using Host records I get the error: Deletion failed due to Cannot add records to a zone that is not authoritative.   If I use HostAddress records in the CSV and use "parent" for the fqdn I get this message:  Cannot find host for blah.subdomain.example.com. 

I'd prefer not to delete these manually as I have over 1000 entries to delete. Some records for the specific zone are there for keeping track of usage so I can't delete all records either.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  

Re: Delete host records for non-authoritative zone

1473     1

I'll add that I tried deleting a Host record that did include an authoritative zone and I get this error instead: Deletion failed due to The selected object could not be found.  So effectively the issue is present when the Host record isn't enabled in DNS, but does have the same name as an fqdn.  

Re: Delete host records for non-authoritative zone

1473     1

I'd still like to know if I can do this via CSV Imports, but for now I just used one of the Powershell WAPI implementations which worked no problem.  

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You