Infoblox’s global team of threat hunters uncovers a DNS operation with the ability to bypass traditional security measures and control the Great Firewall of China. Read about “Muddling Meerkat” and the many other threat actors discovered by Infoblox Threat Intel here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DNS Anycast in Arista environment

216     0

Has anyone configured Anycast on Arista with MLAG? This is our 1st Anycast deployment and will be going in our new Arista environment which uses MLAG configurations. We would be looking to use BGP vs OSPF. We also need to account for the VM potentially moving between different Hosts which are all dual connected to multiple Server Leafs. Looking for any gotchas from folks that may have done this configuration and any issues with multiple concurrent BGP peers? Woudl this be problematic? Also, is the LAN2 actually required for AnyCast? I see it mentioned in some Anycast related docs but not others. If using LAN2 do the Fowarders go away? We use Forwarders to point to out Caching Teir for external resolution.

Re: DNS Anycast in Arista environment

217     0

I have implemented same , use eBGP  

and we are using VM

it easier in arista compare to nexus switch 

Re: DNS Anycast in Arista environment

217     0

Sorry I didnt read your complete question

Has anyone configured Anycast on Arista with MLAG? yes

This is our 1st Anycast deployment and will be going in our new Arista environment which uses MLAG configurations. We would be looking to use BGP vs OSPF  //----yes BGP is best Option.

I did in 160+ Virtual/Cloud/Hardware type appliance

We also need to account for the VM potentially moving between different Hosts which are all dual connected to multiple Server Leafs. Looking for any gotchas from folks that may have done this configuration and any issues with multiple concurrent BGP peers? //----yes this is much easier 

make sure you are getting ARP in both Gateway Leaf Switch , need to create L3 VLAN in both Gateway Leaf Switch  ,keep  all ports  channel, VM VLAN and MLAG Peer VLAN   in default vrf and enable routing under state

Woudl this be problematic? No

Also, is the LAN2 actually required for AnyCast? I see it mentioned in some Anycast related docs but not others. If using LAN2 do the Fowarders go away? We use Forwarders to point to out Caching Teir for external resolution. ///LAN 2 interface is useless just like letter "p" in "psychology" , continue with LAN1 and IPMI for LOM

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You