Getting CNAME and A record reply

90     0

Hello Community,

I'm trying to find a solution to a DNS issue. I currently use an Internet hierarchical system based on Root and TLD Servers to resolve our namespace.

Now I want to resolve a CNAME record pointing to a fqdn hosted in a private zone (root and TLDs doesn't know this zone).

When DNS client send the request to Resolver, this server can get both, the CNAME and associated A record. Nevertheless, it doesn't reply to the DNS client with the A record, it just replies with the CNAME one.

This is the request - reply sequence:

DNS Client to Resolver -> Request: ¿who is storage.company.corp?

Resolver to Root -> Rquest: Who is NS for .corp? Root -> Reply: .corp NS

Resolver to .corp NS -> Request: Who is NS for company.corp? Reply: .company.corp NS

Resolver to .company.corp NS -> Request: Who is storage.company.corp? Reply: CNAME: storage.anotherdomain.com / A: 12.12.12.12

Resolver to DNS Client -> Reply: CNAME: storage.anotherdomain.com (but not the A Record. Why?)

I need Resolver replies to DNS Client with the A record and not with the CNAME one. I've tried change the Resolver configuration using a Conditional forwarding just for that zone (company.corp) but I got same results.

Thanks!

BR

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You