Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Global catalog DNS record not being creates

703     0
Hi,

Joined a company where DNS isn’t integrated and infoblox is used. I’ve recently promoted a server to become a DC but the .gc_mcds record isn’t being created in infoblox and replication isn’t working fully. The DC is GC ready and everything looks okay from server side, networks have said it has write access to infoblox but is there anything extra for me to do server side?

When i try to manually register the records using nltest and net logon I get errors such as “no logon servers” and dcdiag tests show all records are missing on the DNS servers where the working existing DC show matching records. Any help would be great as this is new to me and i don’t have visibility of infoblox, the problem DC has an A record and a PTR record and register this IP in DNS is ticked on the NIC, server 2022

Re: Global catalog DNS record not being creates

Superuser
704     0
Hi Dannybride!

Thank you for your inquiry. Your questions on this issue are best answered through submitting a support ticket where our staff can provide direct assistance. Please follow-up with them and let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Best regards,

Bob Rose
Principal Product Marketing Manager
Infoblox NIOS DDI Product & Strategy
M: +1 360.584.8360 | My I.D.TM is 7553<>
[signature_4226577177]<>
PTO ALERT: 6/22-7/5/23
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You