Is it possible in NIOS to grant admin access based on a attribute for a specific set of networks

67     0

I have a read-only role called Juno that is defined for a group of users. In our extensible attributes I have created an attribute for networks called Division and have defined it with a list that has all of our divisions.
For a specifc number of subnets I would like to  allow those in the Juno role  to be able to administer to the networks that have the Division attribute set at DOT.

Is this possible or do I have to update the Permissions tab for each network that they would administer to and then set the Juno group  to Read/Write?

Re: Is it possible in NIOS to grant admin access based on a attribute for a specific set of networks

[ Edited ]
68     0

To allow users in the Juno role to administer only the networks with the Division attribute set to DOT, you'll typically need to use a combination of role-based access control (RBAC) and specific permissions.

Here are a few potential approaches:

1. Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC): If your system supports ABAC, you could define a policy that grants read/write access to users in the Juno role for networks where the Division attribute equals DOT. This way, you wouldn't have to update each network's permissions individually.

2. Dynamic Role Assignment: Some systems allow you to create dynamic roles based on attributes. If your platform supports it, you could create a rule that dynamically assigns users in the Juno role read/write permissions for networks with the specified Division attribute.

3. Manual Permissions Update: If neither ABAC nor dynamic role assignment is supported, you may need to manually update the Permissions tab for each subnet. This would involve setting the Juno group to Read/Write for those specific networks.

4. Group-Based Permissions: If your system allows for group-based permissions, consider creating a new group specifically for administering DOT networks and assigning the Juno users to that group with appropriate permissions.

5. Scripts or Automation: If the permissions need to be applied to many networks and manual updates are impractical, consider writing a script (if your system supports it) to automate the permission updates based on the Division attribute.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You