Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Network Shell Access

5369     0

Hi Everyone,

Need an expert opinion on the working of ATC agent.

The agent is not working properly because it is blocked to access network shell (netsh.exe). Is there any possibility for agent work fine without given privilage of  netsh.exe?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Bilal

Re: Network Shell Access

5370     0

even I am facing a similar issue.

I have a deadline to get this solved.

hope this community helps.

thank you in advance.

5370     0

I am also facing the same issue with the Agent. can any one help me with this issue.

Authority
5370     0

Functionality wise there is no need for the agent to have netsh.exe privileges. This has been brought up before and in those cases it was a communication issue from the client to the cloud.

Please check the following:

For Active Trust Endpoints below port should be opened:
443/TCP → csp.infoblox.com (for user registration, network configuration and software updates),
443/TCP, 443/UDP, 53/UDP, 53/TCP → 52.119.40.100

Depending on the proxy configuration, additional configuration may be required:
If the proxy is configured in the browser, browser will send all requests (URLs) directly to the proxy. ActiveTrust Endpoint will not receive any DNS queries. You should ask to configure the proxy to send its DNS queries to ActiveTrust Cloud.

If the proxy sits in the network and passes all traffic through, behavior depends on configured policies:

Authentication: If the proxy has an authentication policy configured for every single request (over HTTP/HTTPS), then ActiveTrust Endpoint’s heartbeat to the CSP portal will fail. You should ask to add a policy to bypass authentication for connections to csp.infoblox.com.
DNS proxy and policies: If a proxy is configured with a policy to block or otherwise modify or intercept DNS, you should ask to add a policy to bypass DNS queries to 52.119.40.100.

If this doesn't help, please open a support ticket. Thank you.

Jelle
Escalations Engineer EMEA
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

What's Latest with ActiveTrust? Community Webinar Archive