Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Nios upgrade fails

989     0

Hello,
we have 2 virtual appliances (VM in Vmware)

I did a Nios update from 8.6.3 to Nios 9.0.1 and after the gridmaster was updated, the member should start automatically. However, this did not happen and the member went offline.
It turned out that there was a problem with the Vm. A new Vm was created on which a new virtual appliance 9.0.1 was created. With the help of Infoblox Support, the member was joined to the master after the license issues, but now the synchronization does not work. The member is offline and the status remains permanently synchronized. The machines can reach each other and port 1194 is not blocked and the connection has been tested and it should work.
Support is looking for solutions but this is now the third day with 5 hours each with support. Maybe you have an idea or had something similar?
I would be very grateful for that and I think also the support from Infoblox :-)

Greetings
Mark

Re: Nios upgrade fails

990     0

Addendum: the member shows warning in the dashboard status and the grid manager status is on synchronization.
So the member is not offline, I get a ping response
Sorry

@Markus_Zekko wrote:

Hello,
we have 2 virtual appliances (VM in Vmware)

I did a Nios update from 8.6.3 to Nios 9.0.1 and after the gridmaster was updated, the member should start automatically. However, this did not happen and the member went offline.
It turned out that there was a problem with the Vm. A new Vm was created on which a new virtual appliance 9.0.1 was created. With the help of Infoblox Support, the member was joined to the master after the license issues, but now the synchronization does not work. The member is offline and the status remains permanently synchronized. The machines can reach each other and port 1194 is not blocked and the connection has been tested and it should work.
Support is looking for solutions but this is now the third day with 5 hours each with support. Maybe you have an idea or had something similar?
I would be very grateful for that and I think also the support from Infoblox :-)

Greetings
Mark

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You